Just in Time for Autumn

Saturday, September 10, 2016

In the peak of summer, there's really only one thing I'm good at doing and that's complaining about not having air conditioning :). But this August, despite sweating at the sight of the giant pile of bulky wool yarn this project required, I managed to finish knitting a cozy infinity scarf just in time for the chillier fall weather.

This is a pattern by Jared Flood, called Cinder, that uses a reverse cable design. Unlike traditional cables that look whack on the wrong side, reversible cables look great on both sides! The pattern is for a scarf but I used a provisional cast-on and grafted the two ends together using kitchner stitch to make it an infinity scarf.

Here I am trying too hard to look casual while modeling the final project :).


I used Cascade Yarns 128 Superwash in colorway 875 Feather Grey. This merino wool yarn knits up really soft and has the bonus of being washable but it can be a bit annoying to knit with as the twisted fiber is easy to split.


After my awkward photo shoot, I packaged this scarf up and sent it off to my swap partner! I hope some of the heat of summer was stitched into the fibers so it will keep her warm through fall and winter :).

0 comments:

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger