Go Sit on a Cactus

Monday, January 12, 2015

Happy New Year, now go sit on a cactus!! Just kidding, I'm not feeling that snarky about 2015 but I will be prepared should anyone need a harmless poke in the hiney this year thanks to my 'GO sit on a cactus' kit.



This is a matchbox covered in craft paper and decorated with text and wee bits of craft paint. The drawer is covered in origami paper that reminded me a bit of succulents.



Inside the kit is a whole assortment of cacti! All of which are suitable for leaving on the chair of your enemy...or just someone you want to prank for fun :).


I drew these with a 01 Micron pen and then painted them in with watercolors.


Here's a shot of a cacti trap in action!!


 
This is a silly project but I have a real goal for myself this year to improve my line drawing and my hand lettering so this was a fun place to start!


2014 was a great year in many ways but it wasn't a prolific year for me creatively. My mojo waned, I racked up more WIPs than completed projects and I lost some artistic confidence. I'm determined to turn that around this year by taking more classes, getting back into the swapping game and dedicating time (without apology!!) to stretching creatively.

I hope the year ahead is filled with beautiful things and very few cactus pricks to your hiney!! xoxo

 

6 comments:

SheLovesToCraft said...

I love it!

azteclady said...

It's adorable, and such a cute idea!

It's always great to see you, by the way. Best wishes for a very creative, rewarding and satisfying 2015.





(Plus all the usual good wishes: health, little stress, etc ;-) )

Jessica Kimes said...

Your lettering is awesome, Lime! I really like the lines and lettering on the craft paper box. I've never heard the saying "go sit on a cactus" before, but it is quite amusing to have a paper kit for the insult. The cactus collection is quite pretty, too!

Flaming Nora said...

Genius idea. We all should have one!

Anonymous said...

Cute and funny. Not sure I'd ever use the "go sit on a cactus" idea, but I love the idea of tiny drawings in a matchbox. And I love the idea of practicing lettering and drawing. Love your lettering. Lots of possibilities for this little cutie. You've made a grand start in 2015. Good luck.

Sue/the view from great island said...

These are adorable --- here's to a super creative 2015 for us all!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger