Second Spring

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Some of my craft projects find their inspiration in famous words spoken by clever humans. This hoop is  one such project!

I had a recent swap partner who was interested in receiving some fall inspired decor. I wasn't coming up with any great ideas of my own so I went to the Google machine! A quick search for autumn quotes resulted in this wonderful gem by Albert Camus, "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."



Isn't that a nice representation of the season? I knew it had to be crafted!

I printed the words "second spring" onto a piece of linen and stitched felt leaves around it. I wanted the design to be reminiscent of a flower to align with the quote.




Ordinarily this is my absolute favorite season, particularly early fall when we get those crispy Seattle days. But this year, nothing is my favorite!! Okay, I'm just being a bit dramatic but we're in the midst of a home addition that's making all the inhabitants here (human & canine) lose their minds.

It will soon be a wonderful outdoor space but for now, it's a muddy expensive hole in the ground. I'm keeping track of the project on another blog I started, The Twenty Percent, in case you want to scope out the mess.

11 comments:

Flaming Nora said...

Aah you are back! Hello! Loving the autumnal feel of everything right now, so your piece is just fab. Home improvements really suck hang on in there and the big expensive hole will slowly evolve in to a thing of glory.

craftmates said...

Beautiful project! I also love fall and those leaves remind me why. Off to visit your other blog- Irma

Mary Mac said...

Very pretty piece. Love how hoop art is trending. Love the autumn quoe.

meet.make.laugh. said...

I love how professional and polished all of your projects are. You can tell they are handmade, but they don't look homemade, if you know what I mean. This is lovely! ~Stephanie

Memories for Life said...

What a fun project! I love how each leaf is different. And forming them in the shape of a flower is such a perfect idea to match the quote!

blair mclaughlin said...

Lucky Partner!
I just love your sense of color!

Erica said...

Fall is my favorite season. Hands down! I love this quote you choose. The details on your leaves are so pretty. Mother Nature... bring on the colors this fall!! :)

Patricia said...

love this autumn decor!
aimee from craftmates

jessica okui said...

Your leaf wall hanging looks great! I think I've said this before, but I always enjoy how neat and clean your work is. You can tell you put a lot of care into it.

I hopped on over to the other site. I'm curious to see what the finished project will look like. I'm guessing you'll share pictures?

Anonymous said...

With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement?
My site has a lot of unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any ways to help
protect against content from being stolen? I'd certainly appreciate it.


Also visit my web blog - web design chicago

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Idahօ! I'm bored at worκ so I dеcided to cheсk out your site on my iphone duгing lunch break.
I enjoʏ the info you prߋvide here and ϲan't wait
to takе a look when I get home. I'm surpriseɗ at hоw quick your blοg loaded on my phone ..
I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Аnyhߋw, eҳcellent
blog!

Feеl free to surf to my blog - Family Survival Course Review

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger