Knitting Outside the Lines

Monday, June 17, 2013

Has it really been 2 months?? I'm sorry for being officially MIA. Real life has been all consuming recently and it's completely zapped my creative mojo. I've been trying to rediscover my crafting energy lately by participating in low key swaps and helping out friends with their handmade endeavors. I'm finally coming around.

With the rest of my life requiring constant planning, list making and coordination,  I'm finding that I'm attracted to unstructured projects that allow my brain to wander a bit. These little socks are a perfect example of crafting outside the lines :).


I made them with some of the zillion balls of Cascade 220 I have floating in my yarn stash. The pattern is just a basic worsted weight bootie sock that can be found here. It was a fun and easy project to work on, just what I needed!

I made them for a scrappy friend who likes scrappy socks. She suggested that I could have even done a 3rd sock in this style. Since they don't match, why even knit an even number of them?? I should have thought of that before I sent them off :).


Even though real life me has been consumed with work and other obligations, I have managed to have a bit of fun too. Here's some proof of that!

I made a new set of friends in India. Can you tell that I stuck out a little bit in Delhi?


I've spent some good quality time with my wonderful husband, Jake.






































I've celebrated Mom's Day and Dad's Day with the neatest parents in the world! (My Mom looks so tiny next to Jake!!)


I've even had a chance to enjoy some of the baby animals at my parent's hobby farm. Including this silly baby gosling who sticks his neck up so far when he drinks water that he sometimes tips over backwards!!


To be honest, I've been avoiding coming here since I've felt guilty about not creating anything and about disconnecting from the online world for a while. It feels great to be crafting and writing about crafting again though. Composing this post is giving me a little creative boost!

Life is good and I'm looking forward to catching up with my online friends. Thanks for being patient and understanding with me. I hope all is well with you and yours! 

16 comments:

Meredith Lewis said...

Great to see ya back Lime! those socks look so comfortable. I would love to hear more about your trip!

Kylie Hunt said...

What a fabulous adventure. Glad you had a great time :) Kx

Leslie Andersen said...

I LOVE those socks, they are soooo cute!! I may have to grab that pattern and see if I can do it!

The baby goose is just way too precious; thanks for sharing that video!

Anonymous said...

You've been busy! I check back every week to see if you are back and what a pleasant surprise today! As usual the socks are way too cute and the baby goose video is simply darling.
Aimee from Craftmates

Duni said...

Hi! welcome back :)
Those stripey socks look super cute and you and Jake look adorable together!!

meet.make.laugh. said...

It's nice to have you back! Everyone needs a break once and awhile :) Those socks are awesome! I've never attempted knit socks, but it has been on my to-do list for a long time! ~Stephanie

Erica said...

Sometimes all it takes are some scrappy socks to get back into crafty blogging again. ;)

Looks like you've been busy for sure! From ducks to India... wow!

Blogging Business Artisans said...

Great to "see" you again :) Glad you've been able to be crafty again and glad you've gotten to spend time with your family!

azteclady said...

As a very wise and long time blogger says, it's your blog, no guilt allowed.

It is very good to see you and to know you are doing well, though.

Anonymous said...

One thing to keep in mind: try not to oversell or undersell your item.
A strong crave that is common amongst every person of the world is to make
more and more money. If you leave it anywhere beside your container, it will
more than likely be spent or lost.

Also visit my site :: how to make money online

Anonymous said...

король покера 2 прохождение, спортивный покер [url=http://games3.777igrovyeavtomaty.com/poker-na-dengi.html]покер на деньги[/url] азартные игры играть бесплатно игровые автоматы online [url=http://games3.777igrovyeavtomaty.com/kak-zarabotat-dengi-v-internete-ruletka-russkaya.html]как заработать деньги в интернете рулетка русская[/url] игровой клуб индустрии 36 28 декабря видео йошкар ола [url=http://games3.777igrovyeavtomaty.com]Однорукий бандит онлайн[/url]

craftmates said...

Great to see you back! And glad to hear that you are slowly getting your creative mojo back. Very cute socks. I'm sure your friend will love them.- Irma

Additionsstyle said...

I love your fun mis matched socks! I also love the idea of having 3 of them :) Glad you are back, and I hope your creative juices keep flowing.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

jessica okui said...

A little online break is always a good thing.

The third sock idea is so smart.

Trekky said...

Those socks are fantastic. And that little birdie is soooo adorable!

Hope your creative mojo is on its way back!

andressa said...

so beautiful!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger