Scenes from a Vacant Craft Room

Friday, March 1, 2013

I can usually judge how well my creative juices are flowing based on how messy my craft room is. In periods of artistic genius, my work space looks like a glitter hurricane has just rolled through. When I'm not creating, the space looks like something my queen-of-neat mother would be proud of (except for my yarn hoard which is always a cluster!!).

Sadly, my craft room is a picture of organization right now - indicative of the fact that I haven't been in there lately. Between my increasingly hectic day job, a busy social calendar, and other real life stresses, I just haven't mustered the energy to climb up the stairs, sit my booty down and start creating.


I have been working on a few knitting projects lately and I'm starting to find pockets of time to at least think about crafty ideas, even if I'm not executing any of them quite yet. I'm hopeful that this creative hiatus will be over in the very near future.

Sorry I've been scarce lately. I'll be back with a bang soon!! Miss you guys!! xoxo



11 comments:

Flaming Nora said...

Impressive, but slightly disturbing! No workroom should be that neat! Hope you get a chance to make it messy soon.

Duni said...

Missed you too!
I'm currently moving my studio to another larger room, so not much craftiness going on here either ;-)

Memories for Life said...

Hope you find time to create again soon. A messy craft room is a happy craft room :)

Natasha Hoover said...

Wow - it may mean your room is unused, but it is beautifully organized! I'm sure my man wishes my crafting space looked a bit more like this and less like a yard sale hit by a whirlwind.

helena frontini said...

Love the way you have made your space.

Erica said...

Sometimes your creative mind just needs a break, especially when you are so busy with other things. And, GAAAHHH I love your craft room. So many fun goodies in there that I'd love to get my hands on. I can't wait to see what you start creating once you get back into your creative vibe... :)

azteclady said...

Worry not, we'll be here holding the fort and admiring the decor ;-)

Patricia said...

You fans (and friends) will always check back for updates! I love your craftroom. Thanks for sharing, Aimee from Craftmates

Nancy said...

Well that's too bad. But if I had a craft room as colorful as that I'd be inspired to leave it be I think! Hopefully you find the time to get your creative juices flowing soon!

craftmates said...

I'm with you on this. I've been so delinquent in my blogging duties because I have not found the time to be crafty. Hope you get your mojo back soon!

Love your fabric organization!!!

Virna from Craftmates

Additionsstyle said...

What a wonderful space for creating! I know it's hard to think about creating when life is crazy busy, but when the time is right you will enjoy your creative process again.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger