Gift for the List Obsessed

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Have I told you how much I love list making? I do it constantly! My lists are my personal instructional manuals for what to make, what to remember, what to clean, what to cook, who to thank, who to call, where to be, what to do...

I know that many people use technology to guide their day but I still prefer the old fashioned pencil and paper.

Have a list maker like me in your life? Here's a last-minute gift idea for them this season, a pencil case and personalized journal!


The pencil case was made using a pattern from the book Zakka Style. I used linen fabric and holiday themed quilting cottons. If you don't have the book, click here for a list of other pencil case tutorials on Pinterest.

The journal is a small Moleskin notebook embellished with fabrics that match the pencil case. I thought a "naughty and nice" list was very appropriate for this season but you could personalize your cover in a million different ways. I used a fabric glue stick to attach the layers of cottons together. I then stitched over them with my sewing machine for an extra detail.


The pencils are Paper Mate Black Warrior Cedar. They don't just have a cool name, they are also cool to write with and are my personal favorite :)!. I think it would also be cute to give this with a set of colored pencils.


The pencil case took me about an hour to cut and piece together. The journal took me about 5 minutes so if you're really crunched for time, just go for the embellished notebook and wrap it with a special pencil. What list lover wouldn't be thrilled to receive that?

One week left until Christmas! Stay sane!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute. I was just thinking the other day that I need a pencil case!
Aimee from Craftmates

Erica said...

I NEED this in my life. I'm a perpetual (and borderline neurotic) list maker too. I always have to jot down ideas before I forget. (I have the attention span of a fruit fly.) My husband gets annoyed with my scattered paper notes everywhere. A notebook ought to get things into control.

meet.make.laugh. said...

I love making lists as well.... and love crossing things off them too! Love the embellishments on the moleskine notebook. ~Stephanie

Zakka Life said...

I love the colors of the pencil case! I'm also a list maker. I've tried to go digital but usually you'll find a bunch of sticky notes/index cards surrounding my desk.

Leslie Andersen said...

I love the idea of the super-quick embellished notebook and special pencils as a gift...thanks!

Duni said...

list obsessed? That would be me ;-)
I too prefer paper and pen! I love those fabrics you used for the notebook and the pencil holder! This is a wonderful gift set :)

Nancy said...

How cute!!! I'm a total list maker too. BUT, I have to admit, the hubs got me an iphone recently and I've really been enjoying the list tools on that;)

Jane @ urbanejane. said...

I agree! I love me some good old' pencil too! ;) happy holidays!

Jane @ urbanejane. said...

...and to add on to my last comment... I nominated you for the liebster award! You can come by and read more about it here:
http://www.urbanejane.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

Hope you have a v. happy new year! :)

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger