Woodland Doll

Friday, November 9, 2012

I made this doll for my dear friend Pam (aka KittyKill) for a naughty and nice swap that some of the Craftster moderators participated in. It was a secret swap so she didn't know that I was crafting for her or what good and evil goodies I was creating! She's received now and despite my attempts at being sneaky, she figured out it was from me :). I'm terrible at surprises!



I purchased the pattern from an adorable shop on Etsy called Noia Land. The pattern was very well written and easy to follow. She has some seriously adorable dolls in her shop like this squishy little mermaid. I'll definitely be making more.



My only complaint with the doll is that her head is very wobbly, despite the 100s of little stitches I added. I might add a wire or pipe cleaner between the head and the body when I make another one.



I used wool-blend felt purchased from Giant Dwarf for this project and DMC embroidery floss.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Friday!!

25 comments:

kittykill said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her! Thank you so much! You totally spoiled me!

CraftyLikeLindy said...

So cute!!!!!

Nancy said...

Oh it's stunning! How adorable your felt work is getting my goodness! And so tiny and so detailed!!

Flaming Nora said...

lovely.

meet.make.laugh. said...

This is so adorable! Love it!

Kat said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Leslie Andersen said...

So precious! And yes, your stitching is amazing!

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Adorable.

Meredith said...

so cute!!!! try a Popsicle stick for the neck. They work really well and you can pick them up at the craft store pretty inexpensively. she's just adorable!

spidermom said...

ohemgee that is the cutest frickin thing i've ever seen!

Lime, your stitching is so perfect!!!

TroubleT said...

Oh Lime! She's beautiful! :D

sewphie said...

That is sooooo cute! So many sweet details

Vixie said...

super cute - love it!

Hey Mickey said...

Gorgeous - you are soo clever!

waggonswest said...

That is adorable.

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

How adorable! I love her deer hat and outfit!

Duni said...

That is the sweetest little woodland doll I've ever seen! LOVE!!

Patricia Ayuso said...

great post!!! i follow you now ;)
i would love to follow me back because love your blog!!
kisses
http://blogcashmeremafia.blogspot.com

Pam Fields said...

That is about the cutest thing I have ever seen! I am heading over to check out the patterns. I hope your weekend was a restful one! :)

Jenelle said...

Your doll is adorable and so well stitched! I can see how the head might be little harder to stabilize since it's so much larger than the body, but your idea to use some wire seems sound. I might need to get the panda version. :)

craftmates said...

I'm a member of Craftster too. I wish I can be your swap partner! That doll is just too cute. You are so talented.

Virna from Craftmates

Erica said...

She is just lovely. Such a sweet (sort of) surprise. ;)

My husband and I are terrible at surprises. We have to give gifts right away without actually waiting for the birthday, Christmas, etc. I think we need to work on will power. lol!

Rebecca White said...

I absolutely love this little woodland felt doll! She has such wonderful expressions! Pinning!!!

Amy Rose Walter said...

So cute! How do the legs stand up? Is there wire inside?

john said...

Awesome - thought you might be intered in these woodland dolls:
http://funkykitsch.co.uk/product-category/lapin-and-me/

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger