Let's Be Outlaws

Monday, November 12, 2012

In my last post, I mentioned the Naughty and Nice swap I participated in recently. You saw the nice and now for some naughty!!

My partner likes cowboys (who doesn't, really??) so I came up with a silly idea to make her a dirty talkin' cowboy of her very own.



I cut one of the scantily clad men from the Alexander Henry, Pin Up Wranglers fabric line, stitched him to a piece of fabric and framed him in an embroidery hoop. I added a running stitch border around the outside of the hoop for an extra detail.



To make him talk dirty, I stamped a number of different cowboy sayings onto white fabric. I stitched that to black craft felt in the shape of a speech bubble.



I stitched a small piece of velcro (the loopy side) onto the hoop fabric. The felt on the back of the speech bubbles sticks really well to this but can also be removed with a gentle tug and easily swapped out with the naughty saying of your choice.



I giggled the whole time I was making this :)!

I wrapped it, and the rest of the swap goodies, in a simple cowgirl tote that I made with denim and cowgirl pin-up fabric.


The tote pattern is from the book, Sew What! Bags. It's one of my favorite patterns because it's a great size, easy to put together and it's reversible!



Giddy up and have a good week!!

18 comments:

kittykill said...

I love my naughty cowboy and I'm using my bag right now. Thank you so much! It is sooooo fab!

QuirkieCraft said...

OMG Love this!!! Hilarious. I think my favorite saying is "ride cowgirl ride" !!!!! Perfect project from start to finish!

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Too funny! I love that he has interchangeable sayings!

eat. sleep. MAKE. said...

Lol I didn't know they made naughty cowboy fabric. Hilarious, perfect use for it!
-Jen

Pam Fields said...

You SLAY me!!! I love the sexy cowboy and the tote. You must have this enormous brain of creativity!!

I always love your ideas...and this one is down and dirty fun. :)

Jenelle said...

Oh noes! :) And you can change what he says too? Brillant! I bet your swap mate will love this. :)

Duni said...

That is awesome! That is one fit cowboy ;-)
Love your speech bubbles!!

Flaming Nora said...

The cowboy has made me laugh a lot this morning. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

A-ma-zing! This is something I'd love to pin on my work desk to make me forget work he he
Aimee from Craftmates

Leslie Andersen said...

Thanks for the great idea of interchangeable speech bubbles...I think this idea could work for a lot of other things too. Where do you come up with this great stuff??

Venus-Suburbia Soup said...

Naughty is nice! Love the changeable sayings... cracks me up!

Zakka Life said...

Love the detachable speech bubbles. So clever.

craftmates said...

I love this!!! It's so awesome and I like that you can change the speech bubbles. Brilliant!

Virna from Craftmates

Nancy said...

Oh man that's great! I'd be dying laughing too. P.S. I may or may not be stealing this idea for a friend;)

i.ikeda said...

That's so awesome! Bahaha, I'd die laughing (in a good way) if I received something like that. Great idea.

Mary Mac said...

This is fabulous. What I wouldn't give to have him hanging on my wall. Love how you made the different saying to go with him.

Sophie Vanderbilt said...

Oh I love this! I have the naughty cowboy fabric and the valentine one, too! I love the detachable bubbles! Thanks for posting this great idea =)

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

Hahahaha. Dying. He is delightful.

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger