Fabric Friday!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Work has been pretty nuts the past few months but we successfully hit a big milestone last week so I decided to take today off and celebrate with a little "me" time :). After a few hours of cuddling with the puppies, lazily sipping coffee and getting sucked into a Snapped marathon on the Oxygen network, I finally got dressed and headed to the fabric store for a little shopping!

I found this fabric right away and snatched it up! I only got a yard because it's on the spendy side but I just adore the print, the colors and the canvas texture.




On my way to the register, I looked down to admire my new treat and noticed that my nail polish color looked fun with the fabric!! Off I went to find a solid cotton that matched my polish. It's a color combination I never would have thought of if it weren't for this happy accident.



I have no idea what these fabrics will become. They might just stay uncut in my craft room while I admire them :).

In case anyone is interested, the fabric is Melody Miller, Ruby Star Shining and the nail polish is Essie, Tart Deco.

Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

Nelly's Treasures said...

oh this fabric is the bees knees. I'm having total green eyed moment! savour it before you chop :)

Allegory said...

Oh that is a lovely combo!
And you're lucky! All the stores in my area are sold out of that print. I set aside a half yard in my stash that I can't stand to cut yet.

meet.make.laugh. said...

Very pretty! I am like this with yarn....buy it just because and then wait for the right project to come along :) ~Stephanie

Pam Fields said...

I have admired that typewriter fabric online. Love it and I didn't realize the graphic was so large. I do love the coral color set against it. Can't wait to see what your creative mind comes up with. :) Happy weekend.

Leslie Andersen said...

Your nail--and your hands--are gorgeous! Love the fabric too.

craftmates said...

Lovely, lovely fabric and great colour combination.

Virna

Jenelle said...

I also bought some of this typewriter print at Drygoods Design a little while back. I have been hoarding it for the perfect project. ;) The coral look gorgeous with it!

Duni said...

Ooh! I've seen that typewriter fabric before and LOVE it. I would have a hard time cutting into that fabric!
Your nails look fabulous :)

Clemence - Oh The Lovely Things said...

Such a beautiful fabric! Love your nails too- and your gorgeous ring!

eat. sleep. MAKE. said...

So pretty! I have fabric sitting in my stash that I just can't bear to cut. If this fabric were mine I have a feeling it'd be in the "do not cut" pile too lol
-jen

Melissa said...

The fabric is nice! I have never seen a print like this before!

titaniumgrrl said...

THanks for posting where to get the fabric...it is brilliant...
It took me a moment to see that name as I was being blinded by your bling...heheh

Audry said...

What a lucky accident. Since the typewriters are so big, I could see it becoming a pillow with the coral outlining one of the typewriters.

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

That typewriter design is amazing fabric, and you're right, the coral makes a fun complement. I'm sure you'll make something fun out of it!

Laura said...

Oooh that fabric is so, so fun! And I also dig your nail polish. =)

Erica said...

Yay for me time!! And LOVE the fabric. It is such a fun print!

Scarlett Burroughs said...

Love this fabric myself. Bought this exact colorway cause it's the best one! I made a zipper pouch out of it for my bestie and blogged about it here, https://cutupcraft.wordpress.com/2012/04/17/zipper-pouch-with-lizzy-dish-lining/ and here

https://cutupcraft.wordpress.com/2012/03/04/julies-first-fabric-crush/

melody miller said...

This is the kind of unexpected color combination that makes my heart sing!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger