Backwards Ninni Monster

Monday, November 26, 2012

I recently discovered Ninni Monsters thanks to a couple of Ninni craft swaps that Leslie organized. The monsters remind me a bit of Ugly Dolls and just like Ugly dolls, there is something endearing about them.

When I saw this pattern on Pinterest, I knew I had to make one. It looked so easy... and it should have been :).



While I was working on this project, I was also enthralled in the documentary The Happy Movie (which I highly recommend) and didn't notice that I had sewed my poor Ninni's eyes to his feet instead of his face!



The narrower pointier bits are supposed to be his monster ears/antennas but they are serving as skinny little legs for my Ninni.

Oh well, at least he's still smiling!



This backwards Ninni went to kittykill and she is a very sweet person so I know she'll love him despite his wonkiness :).

I'll pay more attention to my Ninni's construction next time. I plan to make a couple of them for my little cousins this Christmas. They really are simple to put together and are a great project for using up fabric and felt scraps. 

15 comments:

Duni said...

Adorable ninni monster!!
I love his little heart patch :)

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

How cute! I love the fabric and colors you chose. And to be honest, I wouldn't have even noticed he was upside down :)

Anonymous said...

The ninni monster is super cute. I wouldn't mind getting one myself. Aimee from Craftmates

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

He's adorable right-side-up or upside-down! He's just turning flips 'cause he's going to a good home! (and I would never have known if you hadn't said...)
: )

Erica said...

Oh, I just love ugly cute! It just works. Also so funny that you sewed his eyes on upside down. But, no worries, I think ugly cute is supposed to be wonky. ;)

P.S. I'm dying to see the Happy documentary! So glad to hear you liked it.

Leslie Andersen said...

You have such lovely sewing skills, Mareth! Even when you do something "wrong", it looks fantastic!

Skwishee said...

I actually like it better your way! :)

kittykill said...

I love it so much! So stinking cute!

Heather {The Lovely Cupboard} said...

Oh how stinking cute. Love the lil' monster.

waggonswest said...

I'm glad you explained how he is backwards because I couldn't tell. He is adorable.

Jenelle said...

I love this little guy! His eyes are so intricate and that little heart just kills me. :) I didn't even notice you had flipped him.

craftmates said...

What a cute nini!

rubyslipperz said...

I think it's adorable - just the way it is! =) I wouldn't have known the diff, if you hadn't have mentioned it. But, then again, you KNOW...I'm no authority. =P

hugZ,
annie

Pam Fields said...

So freakin' cute! I may just have to try one of these little monsters. :) My niece will want a family of them.

blair mclaughlin said...

Whenever I make one of these (or receive one in a swap :) ) I and my kids sing a special song.
To the tune of the 60's batman theme: Ninny ninny ninny ninny ninny ninny ninny ninny NINNY! We LOVE these in our house!
I am diggin' the colors and rockin' polka dots on yours!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger