Vintage Halloween Hanging

Saturday, October 6, 2012

I haven't had a chance to organize or participate in many craft swaps lately due to my busy work schedule but when kittykill posted the Vintage Halloween Swap on Craftster, I couldn't resist joining!! I love Halloween crafting and I'm really excited to get the house dressed up for the holiday this year.

This embroidered wall hanging was one of the goodies I made for my partner. It was inspired by a set of coasters she had on her Pinterest.



I made this by tracing the designs and cutting out corresponding felt pieces for each spooky face. I added small stitched details using single strands of DMC embroidery floss. Once I had all of the faces complete, I sewed them to orange felt squares and arranged them on a larger piece of black felt.

 I decided that the hanging needed more length so I stamped "trick or treat" on a piece of linen and stitched that to orange felt using my sewing machine.



I had a great time in this swap. I'll be sharing a couple of other projects I made for the package soon and am excited for my own package to arrive!!

Hope you have a great weekend! I woke up with a nasty sore throat so I think my day will be filled with hot tea and a Law and Order marathon :).

8 comments:

Leslie Andersen said...

This is so creepy cute! You have such a way with felt, Mareth; everything you makes comes out so smooth and perfect.

Flaming Nora said...

ooh, scary! That bat really is something else! Lucky lucky swapee.

craftmates said...

Wow, your swap partner sure is lucky!

Jenelle said...

These are so detailed and lively! I can't believe the itty-bitty pieces you were working with in the felt. Very cool wall hanging with such a great vintage feel. :)

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

I love your wall hanging -- it will be a real treat for your swap buddy! How clever of you to check her Pinterest for some ideas!

Nancy said...

How cute! It turned out so lovely:)

Mary Mac said...

Love adding "trick or treat" to the wall hanging. Your faces are fantastic, so much detail.

Pam Fields said...

This banner is spooky cute! I love all the details. It makes me want to pull out that felt I ordered and get busy.

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger