Halloween Tricks and Treats

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

This is our first Halloween in the new pad so I'm not sure how many costumed kiddos will knock on our door but if it's 1 or 100, we're ready!

Instead of Trick-OR-Treats, we'll be offering both Tricks AND Treats.


























I found these red wood bins at Fred Meyer and snagged them since they were on sale and also match the color in our office so they can be used throughout the year. I filled the "treats" basket with all kinds of sweet goodies. The "tricks" basket is filled with gags and magic tricks I purchased from Oriental Trading.



I made the signs using old dictionary pages because I think they are creepy! I mounted them with photo corners onto a piece of card stock that was "aged" with Tim Holtz Distress Ink.


Here's a shot of some of the tricks. There is also a rope trick, some puzzles, and whoopee cushions in the bin! Hopefully the kids will have fun with these. If not, Jake and I will :).



I hope you and your families have a safe and happy Halloween.

My thoughts are with anyone suffering from the recent storm. I hope that you are all safe, warm and dry. Many cyber hugs to you and yours.

7 comments:

Leslie Andersen said...

Wow, the kids in your neighborhood will be visiting you several times to get more tricks and treats!! The bins are indeed cool, and the signs you made are awesome. Happy Halloween!

meet.make.laugh. said...

I love the idea of handing out Tricks as well as Treats! And your bins look lovely!

craftmates said...

I love the treat and tricks idea. I'm sure you'll have a lot of kids knocking on your door. I also love how you used the dictionary page to give it the "aged" look.

Happy Halloween Mareth!

craftmates said...

What a cute idea! I bet the kids will love them.-Irma

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Very cute.

spidermom said...

wish my kids could trick-or-treat at your house!
what a cute project and i love the alternative to sweets :)

Pam Fields said...

That is such a fun idea! Of course, I am sooo not surprised. :) We live in a rural area and never get Trick or Treaters. :( I would love to do something like this.

Hope your weekend is restful and fun.

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger