Quilling Paper Pumpkins

Monday, September 24, 2012

I love seeing the piles of pumpkins outside all of the stores this time of year! I couldn't resist picking up a basket full of these little round beauties on a recent trip to the mart. They are adorable on their own but I decided to doll a few of them up with quilling paper!



Quilling paper is a great supply to keep on hand, even if you don't do any kind of paper filagree! I use it a lot in card making and other paper crafts. It's great for borders and accents since it's already sliced into a tiny strip! Why not use it to decorate a pumpkin??!

This project takes 5 - 10 minutes and only requires a few supplies; a pumpkin,  strips of quilling paper and glue.



Start by placing one end of the paper strip at the base of the stem then wrap it all the way around the pumpkin and back to the stem. Trim the strip to the length you need.

You can now trim all of the other pieces to the same length or measure them individually since pumpkins aren't perfectly round.



Next, place a dab of glue under the end of the strip next to the stem. Wrap the measured strip around and glue down the other end. I used hot glue.

Repeat this for all of your strips.


























Flip your pumpkin over and add a drop of glue on the bottom. This will keep the strips from sliding around.


You can add as many or as few strips as you like. Once you're happy with the look, you're done!!

I added a couple of stamped fall phrases for extra pizazz. The "boo" pumpkins will decorate the front porch and I'm thinking the "thanx" pumpkin might be cute for a turkey day decoration!



Cute and easy peasy! My favorite kind of project.

PS - check out this pretty fall bouquet my Mom made with flowers picked from her garden!! If I were going to make a bouquet from what's in our garden right now, it would consist of dead grass, prickly weeds and brown leaves. I don't know how she does it!


I hope you all have a great week!

6 comments:

meet.make.laugh. said...

Very cute! Loving the stripe-y look :)

Ann Martin said...

The pumpkins are a clever idea! My garden remnants aren't nearly as pretty as that - if only!

Heather Hands said...

How adorable.

Nancy said...

What cute little pumpkins! I made so many yummy recipes last year with them that I just don't think I could let one sit as decoration around this house!! And that flower arrangement is stunning- your mom is a wiz!

Jenelle said...

I picked up a little pumpkin just like yours at TJ's over the weekend. Mine is destined for pumpkin pie though. :) Your mom's flower arrangement is gorgeous!

Duni said...

Cute pumpkins! I love easy DIYs too :) I really must pick up a couple of pumpkins these days, although I haven't seen any as nicely shaped as yours!
The flower arrangement is gorgeous!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger