Big Ideas Journal

Monday, August 13, 2012

If you ask me, you can never have too many journals! You just don't know when a great idea is going to hit so I keep one in every room, in each of my hand bags and in both of our cars to make sure I'm prepared.

I was recently doing some sketching and came up with an idea to make an idea journal! This little project was the result.














I really like Moleskine notebooks. Their plain covers make great canvases for decorating and crafting. For this one, I stitched a light bulb using felt and embroidery floss. I glued it to the cover along with the "big ideas" label that I stamped with my alphabet stamps.



















































Now I'm ready to start filling it with ideas for new projects!

Thanks for dropping by. Have a great week.

12 comments:

Gill said...

Fabulous! I love it!

Skwishee said...

That's so cute! I'mactually making something pretty similar for the girls this week - I'll put photos up when they're done :) Did you sew the pages in?

Pam Fields said...

Adorable! I love the stitchy light bulb. I keep idea books all over the place too. Stan has said use your iPad or iPhone but there is just something about a physical book that I love.

Allegory said...

That light bulb is absolutely adorable! I also have notebooks in every room of the house. I should definitely make mine a lil' cuter.

Jenny said...

that's adorable! the design is so simple yet perfect.

meet.make.laugh. said...

This looks awesome! I mod podged once onto a moleskin cover... didn't love it. I really like the idea of felt and embroidery thread! Looks sharp! ~Stephanie

Trekky said...

That light bulb is so cute!

Nancy said...

How beautiful! I'm with you- I live my moleskins, but really haven't ever decorated them. I'm thinking I should change that:)

Leslie Andersen said...

Too cute!

ruby murray said...

Love this, I've been making my own 'moleskin-alikes' recently they beg for cutesying up a little. I can't believe you've found another cute way of wangling in Felt to an otherwise papery project. :)

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

I squeed a little. I flippin love that felt lightbulb. The design is just so clean and lovely!

Anonymous said...

Comment devenir un tuteur en création littéraire de l'éducation et plus ou enseigner l'anglais comme langue seconde?

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger