Washi Tape Clothespins

Monday, June 4, 2012

Apologies for not being around much lately. Jake and I are up to our eyeballs in moving boxes! We're slowly getting settled though and I expect life will be getting back to normal soon.
In the meantime, how about a project so simple even someone in the midst of a move can do it?

Clothespins are so functional and cheap. We use them for everything from holding bills, to clipping chips and adorning gift boxes. Adding a piece of washi tape takes them from drab to fab in seconds flat!













Carefully stick your washi tape to the top of your clip, making sure to avoid any bubbles or creases.


Turn the clothespin over and use a sharp blade to trim away the extra tape along the edges. On the front side, you can also slice away the piece of tape covering the metal spring. 


Now clip away with your new fab clothespins! Glue magnets or thumbtacs to the backs to make them even more functional around the house.


Thanks for dropping by! I look forward to catching up with you all once my head is above water again.

13 comments:

Roudi said...

How adorable and easy! I love them! ♥

I hope your life would get back to normal pretty soon. :)

Kisses from Egypt.
Roudi @ c-is-for-craft.blogspot.com

MAD14kt said...

LOVELY!!! How about a Clothes Pin Giveaway :)

LimeRiot said...

What a good idea, MAD14kt :).

I've actually got a couple giveaway plans in the works so stay tuned!

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

What a fun idea.
Seattle Beauty Fashion Blog

Nancy said...

I never thought of using this as a gift tag clip before- cute idea!

Duni said...

Ooh, love this!!
Such a fun idea, thanks for sharing. And I love your pink cutting mat :)

Pam Fields said...

These are so cute and I use clothes pins for everything! But where do you find washi tape? I have looked locally and have not seen it or am not looking in the right department.

Best wishes with your moving!

spidermom said...

moving is the pits! wishing you patience during the experience ;)
cute project too, think i'll make some of mine snazzy today! clothespins are fab to have around--this week i used them to clip fabric that i didn't want to put holes in with pins---it was awkward but effective!

Tan said...

*sigh* Isn't washi tape just the best transformational tool? It instantly makes anything pretty.
Good luck with the move!

Zakka Life said...

Love the clothespin tutorial, pretty and fun.

Hope you get settled in soon.

lilipopo said...

I've just bought my first ever washi tape now I just have to go out and find some wooden pegs!! Thank you for the tutorial

x

Anthonette said...

Love washi tape! I'll have to try this out.

Blogger said...

Did you know you can create short links with Shortest and get money for every click on your short links.

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger