Impractical Craft Book Organization

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I have so many fun projects rattling around in my head that I'm excited to share with you! Unfortunately, I haven't had any time to actually work on them lately. The move is coming along though and I think after another weekend of unpacking, organizing and building shelves, we'll be pretty close to settled.

I thought I'd take a quick break to share the utterly absurd way in which I decided to organize my craft books :). It looks cute but it's totally impractical. I'm an admitted a-type and having my knitting books mixed in with sewing books, mixed in with embroidery books is making me bonkers!! I know that the first time I go to reference a pattern or get inspriation from my books, I'll be lost and will end up pulling everything out and reordering them. I'll enjoy the pretty rainbow while it lasts though.













Miss you guys but I'll be back soon! Stay tuned for some crafty projects and a giveaway (or maybe even 2!!). 

12 comments:

spidermom said...

holy smokes that is sooo pretty!
i'm just waiting for the day i can have all my craft books in such a lovely dedicated place!

Duni said...

That is a super fun way to organize books - I recognize a couple that I own as well :)
Hope you get settled in quickly!
best,
Duni

Ganz und Garn said...

You are so right. I did that with all of my books, it lasts now for a while, but it is totally impractical. The thing I hate most about it is, that I hate to separate series. So for example the complete rainbow colour collection of "Tales of the city" is torn apart. But it looks so nice :) Greets Martina

Leslie Andersen said...

Oooh I like that! I may have to try it with my books too!

Pam Fields said...

You're right, so pretty! Glad the moving is getting close to completed. Can't wait to see your projects to start showing up and inspiring again. :)

Nancy said...

It is very pretty. I did this once with my bookshelf, and even though they were not resource type books it drove me mad! I hated that bigger books were mixed in with shorter ones and that the "Africa section" had to mix in with the "Poetry" section...eh, what a mental mess. So I feel your pain. BUT I will say that lately I've been into taking the white books and stacking them together somewhere (in descending size order of course) LOL.

Heather Hands said...

I love it. I actually organize my bookshelf this way too! Good luck with the unpacking.

Kay said...

Do you have any favourite craft books? Actually we all do I think, but mine change depending on what I am doing. So to rephrase the question, which books coulod you not live without?

CraftyLikeLindy said...

I am rather envious of you craft book collection!

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

It's so PRETTY! I love the way they look. My books are organized in two sections: 1. To destroy 2. To allow to live

:)

sixtyfourcolorbox said...

That is a very pretty display. I am like you though, the first time I need a book and can't find it, they would all be reshelved by topic.

michelle jamieson said...

I did this as well at my house, it drove my hubby nuts, but it gave the books visual interest that they really lacked before!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger