Howdy Neighbors

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Our new community is so fantastic. We have one of the best bakeries in Seattle around the corner, one of my favorite breakfast spots down the street, amazing pizza just a few blocks away, a dog friendly pub within walking distance and, best of all, great neighbors!

I wanted to do a little something for all of the friendly folks that have stopped by to welcome us so I tapped into my stash of painted driftwood cottages and made these "howdy neighbor" door'naments.




























I had Mr Lime help me drill holes into the driftwood houses since I'm afraid of power tools :). I created cards to go along with the houses and strung a piece of bakers twine between them both. I'm adding personal notes to the front along with our contact information.

I wanted our neighbors to know that they are always welcome to stop by if they need anything so on the other side of the card, I glued a small paper bag and enclosed pieces of cardboard with suggestions of things we could offer.




























I have a few more to put together and then we'll be walking the block and looping them around our neighbors doors. The picture above is our door since I didn't want to freak anyone out by standing on their doorstep and taking photos!

I'd love to hear suggestions for other neighborly offerings!

16 comments:

MareMare said...

Those are so cool! You are the best neighbor ever!

McDolan said...

Wish you were my neighbor! Great idea and a great way to meet your neighbors!

Jenny said...

adorable! I'm in Redmond, that's pretty much your neighbor, right? ;)

Leslie Andersen said...

This idea is just way too cute! What an original way to introduce yourselves!

spidermom said...

wish i lived in your neighborhood! :)

Kay said...

You must be a wonderful neighbour.

bethwalker07 said...

So sweet! Those driftwood cottages are super cute!

CraftyLikeLindy said...

What lucky neighbors!

kittykill said...

Can I live next to you? So great!

Zakka Life said...

What a thoughtful gift for your neighbors. So much better than a casserole.

ruby murray said...

Such a great idea, I adore those driftwood houses. We moved to a friendly neighbourhood too wish I had thought of making something this cute a year ago :)

Angie said...

That is such a cute idea! I want to be your neighbor!

titaniumgrrl said...

awww man.....I wish I was your neighbour!

waggonswest said...

Great idea.

Pam Fields said...

I am loving this idea! We are pondering a move, after being in the same spot for 25 years!!! Yikes. What a great way to meet the neighbors. :)

Claudia said...

This is such a super idea! Thank you so much for sharing. I believe my neighbours will hear from me soon!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger