Effortless Giving - Embellished Journals

Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'm already starting to think about quick and easy gifts for the holiday season! I like to have plenty of stocking stuffers on hand to share with friends, family and co-workers.

Over the next month, I'll be sharing some ideas for little presents that can be whipped up in no time! They won't require much effort but like any handmade treat, they'll make a big impression.

Let's get rolling with this idea for an embellished journal.

This gift can be made in no time flat and it will appeal to just about everyone! We all need a place to store lists, ideas, quotes or other special thoughts. They are easy to personalize or they can be stamped more generically for your on-the-spot gift needs.


























I like to keep these Moleskine journals on hand because they make a great canvas for creative embellishments!

For this set, I used coordinating washi tapes to add a splash of color. I stitched 1.5" felt circles on top of the tape with my sewing machine and then glued on a matching button. I stamped linen fabric to add a touch of personalization, cut the names/words out with my pinking shears then stitched them to the cover.














Voila! Lovely and useful gifts in 15 minutes or less!



2 comments:

kitiza said...

I should also start crafting for Christmas and these seem like really cute (and useful!) gifts. The "stuff" journal would be perfect for me. :D

Thanks for sharing this!

Jensters said...

Great Journals.

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger