I'm Dreaming of a Driftwood Xmas

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

This project has to remain a bit of a mystery because it's for a swap and I don't want to spoil any surprises. I won't tell you what it's going to become, I'll just share a preliminary photo and you can speculate for the next month while I finish it up!















These are made from driftwood pieces collected from my parent's beach on Vashon Island. The wood gets a nice long bleach bath followed by a few days of drying under the heater vents before it's ready to be painted with acrylic paints.

I have a whole batch drying under the vents as I type! I'm really hoping this project turns out the way I'm envisioning it. I'll keep you all posted!!

4 comments:

titaniumgrrl said...

Maaaaan....I want you to be my swap partner again!!

Meredith said...

ohhh....can't wait to see what you do with them! Christmas is coming! sooo excited..hopefully it'll be snowy here. ;0)

Brenda said...

Can we have a craft night?! My house needs DIY magic ;)

yardage girl said...

I really love these - the colours and designs are great! Lucky swap partner(s)!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger