Driftwood Advent Calendar

Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'm participating in an advent calendar swap over on Craftster. After meeting my partner, I decided I wanted to make a driftwood village for her calendar.

I painted nearly 30 pieces of driftwood to look like little houses and trees. I glued clothespins to the back of each one.



























Under all of those houses is a wooden thread spool rack that I painted. Mr. Lime helped me to saw the legs shorter and saw off the top row.














Then I punched out 3/4 inch circles and stamped them with the numbers 1 through 25.














I wrapped up each driftwood house and numbered the packages so that my partner can open a new one each day and slowly build her village through the month of December!




I had so much fun making this. I really hope my partner likes it!! 



17 comments:

Vic said...

*jaw hangs slackly*

In awe.

As usual.

You're a crafty freak of nature. ;)

Meredith said...

Outstanding!! Wonderful...and soooo creative! great job..;0)

LimeRiot said...

Thanks guys!! I've been nervous about how (or if) this calendar would come together.

CraftyLikeLindy said...

That is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I would have never in a million years thought of an advent calendar like that.

Dorothee-Maria Lotufo said...

Ooh, that's so wonderful!!
I wish you would have made this gorgeous calendar for me!!
Or at least I would be able to find driftwood.... But that's totally out of my reach, where we live... ;(
I am jealous! ;)

LaurieStar said...

This is really cool! I love all the little houses. Nice work! :)

Dorothee-Maria Lotufo said...

I am totally in LOVE with this.
I LOVE houses, I LOVE driftwood.......
I really need to try that too, somehow.
Thank you so much for sharing this inspirational project!

Pam said...

Love your creativity! This is beautiful.

Jen @ My Own Road said...

This is so awesome! I'm pinning this to make later. THis might be a stupid question, but where did you get the driftwood that you used?

LimeRiot said...

Not a stupid question, Jen! I live in Seattle and driftwood is available at every beach along the Puget Sound so I just spent a few afternoons combing for good pieces.

If you're not near a beach, you can also buy driftwood on Etsy. Search for "driftwood" in the Supplies section and you'll find plenty of options.

emarci said...

What an adorable and original idea! Thanks for sharing!

Roseanna said...

Wonderful idea and wonderfully executed! I know your partner loved this...who would not?

titaniumgrrl said...

THis is AMAZING....if you don't win that draw on my blog I would love to trade a drift wood house that I could put on my tree for a couple of decorations...(hint hint)

titaniumgrrl said...

not that I am saying you won't win...heh

Rachel said...

Beautiful! I am so pinning this to make for next year.

Anonymous said...

omg!I am now going to look for driftwood!! I love it so much

Blogger said...

Did you know you can shorten your long urls with AdFly and make $$$$ from every click on your short links.

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger