Romantic Spring Inspired Matchbox

Saturday, April 23, 2011

I recently joined an Altered Matchbox swap and had a lovely partner that only lives about 10 miles from us! She likes birds, gardening and reading so I tried to combine those themes into this Spring inspired box.

The outside of the box is covered in a linen paper. I made a kanzashi flower with some fabric scraps and buttons to go on top.

 
I covered the inside with pages from A Midsummer Night's Dream to go with the reading theme. I also added some paper roses and painted the whole thing with distressing ink.



















I filled the box with some romantic spring goodies including; flowered buttons, paper covered clothespin, silver heart, spring inchie, bird charm, aged key and some stickers and papers.






































I wrapped the whole thing up in a lace doily and off it went!


5 comments:

Tina said...

That is cute. Makes me want to go buy some matches and light some candles (you know, so I am not just buying the matches for the box).

titaniumgrrl said...

beautiful as usual!

Brenda said...

cute M!

Karen said...

Spring in a lovely package! So cool!

Judy said...

That is very cute! How do you manage to get so much crafting done?!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger