Hedgehog Mug Rug

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I recently discovered the world of Mug Rugs. They are tiny little quilts used as coasters and snack mats for warm drinks and tasty treats. There are some great examples on flickr!

I fell in love with them instantly and organized a swap on Craftster to trade rugs with my fellow crafty pals!

My partner likes hedgehogs so this is what I came up with for her. The finished size is around 6" x 11" or so.






































I will definitely be making more Mug Rugs soon! They are quick, fun and great stash busters!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

SO cute. What an adorable hedgehod.

Elena said...

So cute! Do you have a pattern?

LimeRiot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LimeRiot said...

Hi Elena! Unfortunately I don't have a pattern - I just kind of winged it. It was simple though. I can send you an email with some general instructions :).

Ruby Murray said...

Adorable and great quilting too.

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger