Bath and Body Craft...FAIL

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I love handmade soaps, bath fizzies, lotions and lip balms. It's a craft I'm really determined to get better at in 2011.

Aided by the help of Bridgett and Claire, I made my first attempt at bath and body crafting a few weeks ago. We purchased all of the supplies to make bath salts, bath fizzies and candles figuring they would make great little Christmas gifts.

Well, they turned out looking great...unfortunately they smell terrible, like a 7-11 bathroom air freshener.

















I think we really underestimated the power of the scented oils we added to the fizzies, salts and candles. Next time we'll be a bit more conservative with how many drops we add. Until then, these stinky little gifts will be hidden away deep in my craft closet with the hopes that after some time, humans will be able to be in their presence without passing out.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

So funny. No doubt you will master this in 2011.

-Sam said...

That's a shame, they are so pretty--I bet you could smash the fizzies up and mix them with some unscented ingredients--it would lessen the scent a bit.

Don't give up, though, B&B is too much fun to make and use!

The Sun and the Turtle said...

I laugh a lot with your story. Im planning to learn to, so I will not add lots of drops :)

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger