Carpe Diem Quilt

Thursday, December 2, 2010

I made this wall quilt for a recent swap partner who likes skulls. There's nothing like a having a skull hanging on your wall to remind you to Seize the Day (or Carpe Diem)!

I like how it turned out - you almost need to stare at it for a minute before noticing the skull. I cut fabric for another one and will hopefuly find time to make it before next Halloween.


























I found the pattern in the book, Whip Up Mini Quilts. I still need more quilting practice but I've been enjoying making these smaller quilts. They are much easier to manage in my small sewing machine.

1 comments:

Indigo said...

Whip Up posted your quilt and I just had to say I love it. Making me wish my brother in law wasn't living in my craft room. LOL

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger