Felted Nesting Bowls

Sunday, November 14, 2010

I've always been scared to try felting. When you spend hours knitting something, the last thing you want to do is throw it in the wash to be "agitated" but I finally overcame my felting fears with this project!

I used double-stranded Cascade 220 and a great pattern I found on Etsy to make these felted nesting bowls. They were fun to make and they are perfect for organizing little crafty bits and bobbles.















This is what the bowls looked like before I put them in the wash.














After they came out of the wash, I set them on molds for 2 or 3 days to dry completely.



















Voila!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I never knew that was how you make felt. Love it!

Tina said...

Those came out beautiful! I also recently ventured into crocheting the felting. It was a little intimidating, but I love the bag I made!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger