Simple Halloween Banner

Monday, September 27, 2010

If you've read my last couple of posts you may have picked up on the fact that I'm excited for Halloween!! It's one of my favorite holidays and I've been crafting up a storm to celebrate this year.

Here is a very easy project that I made recently. I found plain cardboard banners on sale at the local paper store. I picked up some spooky craft paper and small orange and black ornaments and here's the result...




























This project was very quick to make. I used one of the cardboard pieces as a template for cutting the paper. I cut out all of the triangles that I wanted and then hole punched them in the required places.

Next, I organized the layout of the colors and patterns and then used rubber cement to adhere the paper to the cardboard.

Lastly, I strung the whole thing up on a black satin ribbon. I tied on the ornaments and used glue to attach the ribbon to the cardboard. This prevents everything from sliding to the middle.

I considered adding letters to spell "Halloween" or "Trick" on one side and "Treat" on the other. In the end, I was really happy with how it looked without any additions.

Stay tuned for more Halloween posts in the coming weeks!

0 comments:

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger