Popcorn is Yummy (Even When the Movie Isn't)

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I saw one of the best movies I've seen in a while this weekend, Despicable Me. I wasn't expecting much but was very pleased to find it to be an incredibly thoughtful and witty flick. The Minions had me laughing out loud and I was thrilled to discover this Minion crochet pattern on the Wolf Dreamer blog. I can't wait to try it.

I also saw one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life this weekend, Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. I should have know from the title and the cast (Debbie Gibson and Lorenzo Lamas) that it would be terrible but I just couldn't resist. When the Mega Shark leapt 20,000 feet into the air to bite a 747 jet in half, I almost thought, "this is so bad it's good." But no, it was just bad.

In honor of the best and the worst flicks of my weekend, I thought I'd post a movie-inspired craft. I made this tub of popcorn for a craft swap recently. I used Amy Gaines' Snack Food pattern. I've purchased many of her amigurumi patterns in the past and I've loved all of them!

2 comments:

Alex Porter said...

Soooo cute!

Jake said...

One thing great about Mega Shark and Giant Octopus - it's sooo bad that it's actually somehow encouraging. Like, maybe someday I can make a movie with my camcorder and it will somehow end up on the shelves at Blockbuster...

Oh yeah - cute popcorn too! I'm hungry!

LIME RIOT All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger